About Janine Hills
Janine Hills is the Founder and CEO of Janine Hills Authentic Leadership and Founder of Vuma Reputation Management.
Janine’s extensive business knowledge, skill and intricate understanding of reputation management are the outcome of over 38 years of experience across various sectors of industry. She has 10 years of experience within the hospitality industry having worked for Southern Sun and Sun International. She has also worked at Vodacom and Primovie (a division of Primedia) and has sat on the boards of Kaizer Chiefs, Ster-Kinekor Home Entertainment and Ster-Kinekor Licensing.
Janine was a former head of group communications for First National Bank’s (FNB) internal and external communications division, she was a founding member and part of the iconic team that drove and built the innovation of FNB’s eBucks and FirstRand Group. She was extensively involved in the formulation and the implementation of the multi-brand strategy, internal communications and e-commerce initiatives of the financial services group.
Janine Hills’ passion for integrity and trust in business relationships is the foundation upon which she launched Vuma Reputation Management in 2005. She believes trust is key to improving business relationships with all stakeholders, and that it must be supported and enhanced by integrity in business practices, including transparency, discipline, accountability and fairness. Janine believes in being consistent, sincere, responsible, reliable, committed, clear and steady — and maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders at all levels, in good times and bad.
She values any opportunity to share with clients the fruits of nearly four decades of business experience, particularly her understanding of the principles of sound reputation management and good corporate governance. To help businesses fill skills gaps in reputation management and crisis control processes, she has built a culturally diverse group of alliance partners who understand Africa and have years of experience in these areas. Janine grew Vuma Reputation Management into an African company with global potential before embarking on her new journey with Janine Hills Authentic Leadership.
Boards & Directorships
- Brand South Africa (2016 – 2019)
- International Women’s Forum South Africa (IWFSA) (2016 – March 2020)
- UNICEF – Influential Women’s Circle
- Circle of Lift (Investment Company and NPO)
- International Brand Reputation Community (INBREC) Global – Advisory Board
- International Brand Reputation Community (INBREC) Africa – Founder and Chair (2017 – March 2020)
- Brand and Communications Committee of Council (BCCoC) – University of South Africa – UNISA
- Approved Duke CE Lecturer
About Janine Hills Authentic Leadership
In her new role as Founder and CEO of Janine Hills Authentic Leadership, Janine will be sharing the skills and knowledge she has acquired over the years with the best of South Africa’s executive leadership (C-suite) and boards. Janine honed her skills under the mentorship of some of South Africa’s great leaders and CEO’s such as Shameel Joosub (Vodacom), Michael Jordaan (eBucks/FNB), Joan Joffe (Founder Hewlett Packard), Paul Harris (Founder FirstRand Group) and Ron Stringfellow (Southern Sun) to name but a few.
Janine champions gender and pay parity. She is passionate in her drive to ensure that the woman’s voice is taken seriously in business and in boardrooms. “When you see people as equal, you create opportunities that are equal together. This is about equal opportunity.” – Janine Hills, Authentic Leadership
Janine, has provided world-class advisory services to at least 50 JSE-listed companies such as the JSE, Anglo Coal, Sibanye-Stillwater, SAPPI, SASOL, Rebosis as well as Government and select SOE’s (ACSA, SAA, PIC and Brand South Africa). She has operated within at least 10 African countries, an also advised multi-national companies internationally.
Most recently Janine contributed the chapter on Effective crisis communication for the recently published e-book Managing Organisations During the COVID 19 Vortex Managing Organisations During the COVID 19 Vortex. (April 2020)
Some Of Her Notable Achievements
- Finalist, Standard Bank Top Woman Awards (Fast Growth Woman-Owned SMME Award)
- Finalist, Standard Bank Top Woman Awards (Top Female Entrepreneur of 2018 Award)
- Winner, Gender Mainstream Women Empowerment in the Workplace Awards (non-JSE Listed Organisations category), 2015
- Finalist, Standard Bank Top Women Awards (Female Entrepreneur category), 2015
- Finalist, Standard Bank Top Women Awards (Top Gender-Empowered Company: Fast Growth Women-Owned SMME category) 2014 & 2015
- Nominee, Standard Bank Top Women Awards (Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government) 2015
- Wrote and published a white paper on Gender Diversity and the Impact on a Board’s Reputation, Deakin University 2015
- Finalist, Topco Media Business Awards (Fast-Growth category), 2014
- Finalist, CEO Magazine Award for Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government, 2014
- Winner, Global Awards for Brand Excellence (Brand Leadership category), 2012
- Winner, BBQ New Innovative Business Award, 2012
- Nominee, International Who’s Who of Professionals, 2009
- Winner, CEO Magazine Meritorious Award, and finalist, South Africa’s Most Influential
- Women in Business and Government Awards (communications category), 2008
- Finalist, Topco Media Top Women Awards (entrepreneurship and excellence in Business and Public Service category), 2008
- Marketing Director at Primemovie 1999
- Board Member of Kaiser Chiefs Football Club, Ster Kinekor Theatres, Primemovie, Ster Kinekor Entertainment
- IMM Sales Person of 1996 and Vodac Sales Person of 1996
- Qualified in the Management Advance Programme (Wits Business School), 1992
- Start-up employee of Vodac, Vodacom, 1991
- Janine has authored notable contributions amongst which a chapter in Expert Mavericks, stories of 13 South African business leaders taking you on a journey of their trials, tribulations, and victories to become the Mavericks they are today.
- Janine contributed the chapter on Effective crisis communication for the recently published e-book Managing Organisations During the COVID 19 Vortex https://krlibrary.co.za/product/managing-organisations-during-the-covid-19-vortex-ebook/